Things I have learned from this very rainy summer include the following:
1. Our little barn may be on the lowest spot of our property.
2. When we’ve had vast amounts of rain (4 inches or so), it takes our low spots about four or five days to drain. If it keeps raining, that number may increase.
3. Chickens do not mind being out in the rain.
4. I am less likely to pick raspberries in the rain, especially after the raspberries pass their peak.
5. Way more people complain about a week of rain than about a week of sunshine.
6. With the rain coming down and the windows open, I can smell the mold under the house. Ew.
7. When chicken scratch gets wet, it sprouts.
8. My left rain boot is not entirely waterproof.