1. Crazy Eights kinds of posts are about as good as it’s going to get right now. There is just too much going on.
2. The mantra I keep repeating: “I will do what I can as well as I can and not worry about the rest.” Because I still sometimes wake up at 4:30 in the morning, freaking out about how much I have to do. This weekend, I had only a few hours to work on school stuff because Stephan needed help with a big delivery on Saturday. In reality, though, a few hours should be all I’m working on the weekend — at most. I’d rather not be working on the weekends at all. Or bringing things home in the evenings. So I still have SLOs to fix, lessons to refine, and papers to grade, but today is Sunday and I’m relaxing as much as I can.
3. There are still no baby bunnies. If I counted correctly, Licorice was due yesterday, so if she doesn’t kindle in the next few days, we’ll try again. If we don’t have success after that, we might be eating rabbit for Thanksgiving dinner.
4. The heat from our chimney, now that we’re putting a fire in the fireplace again, melted our TV antenna, which was making it very difficult to watch Peyton Manning play. Stephan just got on the roof and fixed the antenna with super glue and packing tape.
5. Stephan also fixed my car. It was making this terrible scraping sound. Somebody told me it was my brakes and somebody else told me it was maybe a suspension issue (shocks or struts). Turned out it was just some little bracket hanging down and scraping on the pavement. All fixed now!
6. I feel like I keep saying our garden is done, but we keep getting little bits more. Cabbage, collard greens, Swiss chard, and some beets are still there that we could harvest.
7. It’s supposed to be down to 32 degrees tonight. Stephan is really happy. I’m just sad that I don’t have the fall clothes completely out of storage yet.
8. Last year I had the goal to learn to cross-country ski. Then we had no snow. Maybe this year?