1. This is one of the weirdest winters I can remember. It was super-cold early (wasn’t that in November?), then very warm for the whole month of December, then a cold snap at the end of last week, and I don’t know what it’s supposed to do this week.
2. With the warm weather and lack of significant snow, I don’t think I’m going to meet my goal of learning to cross-country ski this winter.
3. Gracie (our dog) will turn five years old this Wednesday. We will probably celebrate by cleaning her ears as she is prone to ear infections and my niece mentioned she could smell Gracie’s ears the other day. (FYI, doggie ear infections smell disgusting.) Woo-hoo! It’s a party!
4. Did you ever read that book Go, Dog, Go! ? It ends with there being “a party! A dog party!” in a tree. So whenever I’m trying to get my dogs to go somewhere and I say, “Go, dogs, go!” I inevitably follow it with “To the tree! To the tree!” No one around me ever knows what I’m talking about. In fact, you, dear readers, probably don’t know what I’m talking about. Anyone? Let me know I’m not alone in having read Go, Dog, Go!
5. I’m really, really glad that this is the last year I will have to do business taxes. For Chef’s business, we hire someone, but for the job I work in now, I do a large part of it — everything to do with payroll. I have cried every January in recent memory because of these stupid taxes. But never again! I will not be doing business taxes anymore! Wahooooooo!
6. If hell were different for each person, I think my hell would involve doing taxes for eternity. (Thank God I’m going to Heaven.)
7. In two weeks, the plan is for me to give me two weeks’ notice at my job. That means that in approximately a month from now, I will NOT be working in the medical field anymore. I really can’t wait.
8. I made a really yummy apple cream cheese Bundt cake this weekend. I am considering that my celebration of “four weeks to go.” But when I’m officially free from my job, I might just have to make another cake because it is so delicious.