1. I gave up on Roman Numerals. I’m not very good at it, and I often spent an inordinate amount of time prior to posting thinking what the next numeral would be… and then another period of time after posting going back and correcting the number. There’s a reason the Roman Empire didn’t last, and I think part of it might have been their crazy numbering system.
2. The current weather in my neck of the woods has been quite balmy. This week it felt more like late October than mid-December.
3. I like almost any weather. There are two exceptions: Cold & Rainy and Freezing Rain / Sleet. We’ve had quite a bit of Cold & Rainy lately. I’d rather have Really Super Duper Cold & Snowy.
4. My niece, who got married November 1, got hit on at the library the other day. Some dude walked up to her and gave her a note, asking her out. Dude’s never going to get a date if he has to ask people out with a note. (He ended the note, “By the way, my name is Jeff.” That was my favorite part of the note, because it seemed like his name was a total afterthought.)
5. I have been finished with all my Christmas shopping since last Wednesday, December 7, which is actually kind of late for me. But everything is wrapped and ready. Chef will probably finish his Christmas shopping somewhere around December 24.
6. When I was in college, I wanted to buy a red Chevy S-10 with manual transmission. My dad, who was helping me buy a car, said that it was not practical enough, so we bought a two-door hatchback Dodge Sundance with automatic transmission. Now Chef and I own a red Chevy S-10 with manual transmission. The only problem is that I’m no good driving a manual, so I never drive it. I really need to just get in and drive it so I can feel comfortable driving a manual.
7. When Chef has an ice carving demo coming up, he often asks me what he should carve. So I give him ideas. And then he does something completely different.
8. I need yarn so I can get back into some serious knitting again.