1. It’s November and time to start thinking about raking leaves. I haven’t actually done any raking yet — I said it’s time to think about it, not actually do it. There are still leaves on the trees, so I might as well wait. I just hope it doesn’t rain too much and make the leaves all wet and heavy and slimy.
2. Our beautiful pumpkin started to dry out and become freckled with mildew, so she is now becoming one with the earth as she lies in the compost pile.
3. Now that we’ve changed time, I really am going to have to go to the Y after work if I intend to get any exercise. It’s going to be too dark to do much outside since I don’t get home until 5:00.
4. Here’s something I’m excited about for winter: snow shoeing and cross country skiing. I’ve never done either, but I found a place where I can rent snow shoes and skis for a very reasonable price. That way I can decide whether I enjoy it without spending a lot of money on equipment. Now I just have to hope for snow.
5. The further we get into winter, the busier Chef gets, which means I’ll see him less. And now that my niece’s husband is off for basic training, she will be lonely, too. I’m glad to have her living with us so she and I can keep each other company.
6. I wonder if she would come snow shoeing with me.
7. There are big changes happening at work. It seems like I’ve been saying that for three years, but this time it’s really truly happening. And a lot of people aren’t happy about the way it’s all been handled, which means there are a lot of grouchy people at work right now. It’s not the most fun place to be at the moment.
8. Instead of thinking about work, I’m going to think about fall and winter and warm fires and snow shoes and pie. Those things make me happy.