1. It is exhausting to be bored for ten hours a day.
2. It is frustrating to have a leak in the ceiling of the bedroom closet and not know exactly where it is coming from.
3. It is irritating to hang all the laundry on the line… and then see the clouds open up with rain and have to run outside and pull the laundry back off the line and then put it in the dryer.
4. It is irksome to wake up several times at night when I would really like to get a true, full night’s sleep.
5. It is upsetting to mop the kitchen floor and then watch the dogs track in mud on their little paws.
6. It is discouraging to want nothing more than a nice long run, but to have little time or energy to actually do it.
7. It is disheartening to know that although I’ve been working my tail off for the last three months to renew my teacher certification and I am almost finished, I’ll probably have to wait almost a year to get a job in the field.
8. It is reassuring to know that despite all this, my God still loves me, and he “will fulfull his purpose for me” (Ps 138:8) and he thinks I am “much more valuable than” sparrows, whom he faithfully feeds and cares for (Matthew 6:26).