1. I have big plans for this weekend and they include not much of anything! Hooray! After three weekends of being out of town, I am so happy to stay home. I will probably spend my time sleeping late, cleaning, knitting, napping, reading, and going to bed early. I realize that makes me sound like an old fuddy-duddy, but perhaps I am an old fuddy-duddy. There should be no bias against fuddy-duddies.
2. Last night, four of the people who had come for dinner had just completed their first day back at school — one in eighth grade, one in her first day in college, one going back to college in pursuit of an advanced degree, and one as a teacher. There was much talk of classes and teachers and students and technology.
3. Last night’s dinner also featured lots of home-grown produce: tomatoes, herbs, cucumbers, and potatoes. It was very yummy.
4. I’m thinking of running a 15K in October. I’d really better get back into training if I’m going to be ready for that. (That’s 9.3 miles, by the way.)
5. Is anyone thinking about Christmas shopping yet? I have most of my Christmas knitting done (the gifts are little, so I could always make more, and probably will, but I have enough for everyone, I think) and I know what I’m going to buy for Chef. I just need to buy it all.
6. There is still talk at work about changes that will be taking place. The potential changes are all but certain now, but the involved parties are still in negotiations and after everything is settled there will probably be a six-month transition period. At that point, I may or may not have a position in the company. So I’m praying for the perfect job to become available for me at exactly the right time.
7. People always say that time goes faster as you get older, and while that’s not exactly the case, it certainly seems to — and mathematically, that makes sense. When you’re five years old, a year is fifth of your entire life. Summer lasts an eternity and the time you have to wait until your birthday is forever. Now that I’m 36, a year is a mere 1/36 of my life and I can’t believe it’s almost September.
8. Also, I’m really sleepy and I want a nap. Confirmation that I am an old fuddy-duddy.