1. In case you haven’t heard, it’s been really hot in the Midwest. Really, crazy hot. It’s a little cooler now, and it’s pretty strange to think that I’m considering 88 degrees a considerable cool down.
2. There are two nice things I can think of about hot weather: the tomatoes love it and the clothes on the line dry quickly.
3. Once last week, I went outside to get the clothes off the line. Our backyard is mosquito infested, but on that particular trip I didn’t notice any bites. I thought maybe it was too hot even for mosquitoes. This idea proved to be false.
4. Because it’s been so hot, I haven’t been running lately. In fact, I haven’t been doing much of anything lately — at least, not when it comes to physical activity. My legs aren’t happy about that. I was going to go for a bike ride yesterday, but then it stormed (hooray!) and I didn’t go. I’ve been to the Y a few times to exercise, but I just don’t like that as much. Nonetheless, I have plans to go back to the Y at least a few times this week to get myself moving again.
5. I’m taking a graduate course by correspondence. My family and some of my friends know what it’s for, but I’m not announcing it publicly just yet. Still, it has made my brain very busy for the last several days. I’ve completed the first four sections of a fourteen section course in just four days. Whew.
6. My legs are jealous of my brain because the brain has gotten a workout while the legs have not.
7. My brain is jealous of my legs because the legs have gotten to relax while the brain has not.
8. There will be a dearth of posts this week. Because Chef’s shop (where I usually do my blogging) has no air conditioning and it was so hot out, I didn’t go there on Friday. Also, I’ll be spending many of my evenings working on my class. So, remember me fondly while I’m off working and studying and keeping cool.